WHO ARE WE?
As the name implies, Egå Youth High School is a high school for you, the youth. This means that your individual take on life, determined by your age and the challenges you deal with, dictate what we do. We focus on the fact that you are currently faced with a lot of choices that will affect your future, and at the same time you are becoming an adult. This can be both a difficult and fun time.
You can attend Egå Youth High School if you live up to the following requirements:
• You are no younger than 16 ½ years when the term starts and you have not yet turned 19
• You speak and understand English at a level that enables you to communicate and participate in class (if you are in doubt, please contact our international student coordinator, Winnie)
• You would like to meet new young people from Denmark and other countries
• You would like to develop personally as well as vocationally
AN EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME
It is our experience that both Danish and foreign students staying at EUH will get an experience of a lifetime. Here are some of the things you can achieve at EUH:
• You will widen your horizon both vocationally and personally
• You will learn to live in a foreign country
• You will learn to be away from the security of home – to take responsibility for yourself
• You will get a new international network of both Danes and other nationalities
• You will learn about the Danish society and might feel like returning to continue your studies later in life
IMPORTANT FACTS BEFORE APPLYING
When choosing whether EUH is the place for you, it is important that you also know what staying at EUH is NOT:
• It is NOT a qualifying education
• It does NOT provide admission to a Danish university
• It is NOT a long holiday in a foreign country – attendance is mandatory
LANGUAGE AND TRANSLATION
We translate assemblies, and most classes are taught in English or translated from Danish. We expect that you can carry and understand a normal conversation in english in order to ensure you the best possible outcome of your time – both vocationally and socially.
WHERE ARE WE?
Egå Youth High School is in the Aarhus suburb of Egå. The high school is located less that ten kilometres from Aarhus city centre and you can get here easily by bus or taxi from Aarhus bus or train station.
For directions, visit Rejseplanen.dk (link til engelsk version af Rejseplanen)
Bus connection to Aarhus from Copenhagen, Berlin or Hamburg: www.abildskou.dk
View map of Aarhus.